COVID-19 Updated Vaccine - A new COVID-19 Vaccine has been approved by Health Canada and is now available for use. COVID-19 vaccination reduces the risk of severe illness, death and post COVID-19 condition (long COVID). This Vaccine targets the Omicron XBB.1.5 subvariant only and will be given as one dose even if you haven’t had a COVID vaccine before.
Canada continues to recommend that you get an updated COVID-19 vaccine dose if it’s been at least 6 months:
- Since your last COVID-19 dose or
- Since you last had COVID-19 (whichever happened later)
This vaccine is now available at pharmacies, Family Doctor’s offices and information on how to book a COVID vaccine appointment is also available through the Provincial Portal.
Health Services is once again providing both Moderna and Pfizer vaccines by appointment starting the week of November 13 for University of Waterloo Students, (and Family Members of those registered with the Family Health Clinic over the age of 17), Faculty and Employees.
If you have pre-existing health conditions, allergies or autoimmune conditions and are unsure if you can receive a vaccine, please book an appointment with a Clinician in Health Services to discuss these concerns prior to booking an appointment to be vaccinated.
If you received your first dose outside of Ontario, please make sure to report it here.
Location: University of Waterloo Health Services Building
How to book an appointment
Please call 519-888-4096 to book your appointment and be prepared to provide the following information:
- Full Legal name
- Student ID # if applicable
- Address (including postal code)
- Telephone number
- UW email address
- Your health insurance information (Provincial Health card or UHIP info)
- Your current vaccination status and type of vaccination you received (unvaccinated, partially vaccinated etc.)
For those who are unable to call due to accessibility concerns, please email email@example.com indicating that you are unable to book by phone, along with the above-mentioned information. Please note that this email address is not monitored 24/7 and cannot support urgent or emergency requests.
How to prepare for your appointment
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time
- Please bring your identification and your proof of health insurance coverage with you (Provincial health card or UHIP card)
- You will be required to reconfirm your registration information
- Vaccines are administered by one of our medical professionals
- A mandatory waiting period of 15-30 minutes is required after you receive your vaccine
- You will be provided with proof of your vaccination prior to departure or via e-mail if you prefer