"Undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Waterloo have access to Empower Me—a mental health and wellness service that seeks to contribute to a resilient student community by supporting existing on-campus and Studentcare mental health resources.
Empower Me allows students to connect with qualified counsellors, consultants, and life coaches for a variety of issues. As an undergraduate or graduate student, you're entitled to sessions delivered in person, by telephone, by video-counselling, or by e-counselling." - Studentcare
Empower Me is:
- Available 24/7, 365 days per year
- Culturally sensitive
- Gender inclusive
- Faith inclusive
Who can use this service:
- Current students
- Current undergraduate students
- Current graduate students
How to request this service:
To access the service:
- Phone: Call 1-833-628-5589 (toll-free), available 24/7 from anywhere in Canada or the US.
- Website: Access the Empower Me website to submit an online request for counselling.