Are you in crisis, feeling unsafe, or worried you might hurt yourself or others?
UW Police - 519-888-4567 ext. 22222
For emergency services on campus 24/7.
Counselling Services - 519-888-4567 ext. 32655
Offers same-day appointments for emergencies and can be found in the Needles Hall addition on the 2nd Floor.
Health Services - Student Medical Clinic - 519-888-4096
Offers walk-in appointments for urgent concerns and can be found in Health Services building .
Grand River Hospital - 519-749-4300
St. Mary's Hospital - 519-744-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Here 24/7 - 1-844-437-3247
Crisis Services Canada - 1-833-456-4566 or by text 45645
Kitchener-Waterloo Sexual Assault Support Centre - 519-741-8633
Telecare Cambridge Distress Line - 519-658-5455
Off-campus emergency information
- Contact someone you trust
- Go to the nearest hospital or safe place
- Call a local help line
- Contact us during regular University of Waterloo hours at Counselling Services, Mental Health, or Health Services, and we'll try to find local supports to help you
- If you are out of the country we will do our best to accommodate your communication needs and appointment time requirements. Teleconference, phone etc can be accommodated as necessary.
- Let us know how we can help!