Information for

Collaborative Program in Water

Questions: Please e-mail Manager, Graduate Studies for assistance.

Water research in Chemical Engineering

Waterloo has been actively involved in water-related research since 1957, fostering interdisciplinary work with international recognition.

Waterloo Engineering offers this collaborative water program to Master of Applied Science (MASc) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) students. You may need to take additional courses to fulfil requirements in the water field.

The Chemical Engineering faculty provides a diverse range of research opportunities in water, including topics in treatment, groundwater resources, and microfluids. In this collaborative program, you will learn from researchers in Waterloo’s Water Institute, offering expertise from all six Faculties at the University of Waterloo. 

Finding a supervisor

Engineering applicants to the collaborative water program must be accepted under the supervision of a faculty member in one of the following departments: