Instructions on how to:
Step by step walk through:
- Go to Start
- Search and click on Run
- Type in \\civnexus.uwaterloo.ca
- Click OK
- Make sure you are in the NEXUS domain. If you are not in the Nexus domain, enter nexus\your_userID in the user name field. Do not include your @uwaterloo.ca. Ex. nexus\mmwoldea.
- Enter your password
- Check the "Remember my credentials" checkbox
- Click OK
- A list of printers should appear. Right-click on a printer that you want to connect to.
- Click Connect
How to print from a xerox device website
1. Find the name of the Xerox you would like to use.
|Printer name||Room #|
|xerox-e2-2353a||Engineering 2 building room 2353A (E2 -2353A)|
|xerox-dwe-2401||Douglas Wright Engineering building room 2401 (DWE-2401)|
If graduate students want to access the other printers that are not listed above, please contact us.
2. Search the printer_name.uwaterloo.ca (ex: xerox-e2-2328.uwaterloo.ca) in the address bar.
3. If an error shows up relating to the website's security certificate. Click "Continue to this website". For Chrome users: click on "advanced" located at the bottom to find the option above.
4. Enter your five-digit code into User ID (to request a user ID, please contact Amber Beaudoin). Leave the password space blank.
5. Click on the Print tab and select Choose File you want to print. (the file type is limited. If the document print out is not as expected, convert the file to a PDF or print from a Windows system)
6. Configure the settings to specify how you want the item to be printed.
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and type in your five-digit code for the User ID. Click Submit Job.
8. Your document(s) should now be printed and available for pickup.
How to install Windows using Parallels
Parallels is a vitalization software that allows you to run Windows on Mac without rebooting. Once Parallels is installed, switch to Windows and print via windows.
How to install Windows using Boot Camp
Boot Camp helps you install Microsoft Windows on your Mac. After installing, restart your Mac to switch between OS X and Windows. Once Boot Camp is installed, boot into Windows and print via Windows.
How to print a secure print job:
A secure print job does not automatically print. Secure print jobs are held at the printer and can only be released at the printer with the set passcode.
- When printing, select the Xerox copier and then click on Printer Properties, or other similar options that will open the Xerox Printing Preferences window.
- Under Job Type, select Secure Print.
- In the Secure Print window, enter a passcode (a numeric password required to release the document) twice.
- Click OK twice.
- Choose any other settings needed and Print.
- Follow the instructions to releasing a secure print job.
- On the printer, go to Job Status.
- Select your WatIAM user id.
- Click the print job, and then select Release.
- Type in the passcode, and then press Enter.
- The document you wish to fax must be in pdf format. If you already have the document in pdf, skip to step number five.
- Place your paper document on the copier as if you were making a photocopy.
- On the printer, select All Services and then select Email.
- Select New Recipient. Enter your email address and send. You will receive a pdf copy of your document.
- Fax can be sent via your email.
- In the To: field, enter the fax number as an email address according to the following format: 6[fax-number]@fax.uwaterloo.ca.
Replace [fax-number] with the fax number to which you are sending the document with no separators. For example, to send a fax to 123-456-7890, the email address would be firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach the document to your email
- Press the Send button to send the fax.
For more information check out the IST website on fax services.
Note: The Xerox printers managed by civil and environmental engineering (CEE) are not configured for sending faxes. This is why a faxe must be sent as an email.