Academic counselling deals with all aspects of your academic career.
- Year promotion and term decisions
- Study skills
- Options in engineering programs
- Course selection and enrolment - including Complementary Studies Electives (CSE's)
- Taking courses at another university
- Transfers within the Faculty of Engineering or to another program in another faculty or university
- Disciplinary and academic offences (cheating and plagiarism)
- Sickness and medical certificates (missed exams)
- Deferred and supplemental exams
Within the Faculty of Engineering, access to advisors is faculty-wide in your first year and then program-specific from second year and beyond.
First-year students can contact Faculty of Engineering academic advisors.
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering advisors for Civil, Geological, and Environmental second-year and higher students are found on these links. You may also contact your class professors.
Academic issues can sometimes be mixed up with personal problems (relationship issues, death in the family, etc.). Whatever the problem, engineering counselling and the University of Waterloo Counselling Services can provide help.