Wayne J. Parker is a Professor in the Civil and Environmental Engineering department and is cross-appointed to the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Waterloo. Professor Parker is affiliated with Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO), the Water Environment Association of Ontario, the Water Environment Federation, the International Water Association, and the Canadian Society of Civil Engineers.
Professor Parker’s research interests include nutrient recovery from wastewaters, anaerobic membrane bioreactors for wastewater and sludge treatment, understanding the fate of emerging contaminants in wastewater systems, planning the pre-treatment of sludge for enhanced digestion, and understanding advanced sludge digestion processes. His recent sources of research funding are from NSERC, Envirosim, GE, Canadian Water Network, Ontario Research Fund, Environment Canada, and the Ontario Ministry of Environment.
In addition to his research work, Professor Parker has also received several awards such as the 1994 Water Environment Federation Willem Rudolfs Medal for Industrial Wastewater Research, the 1997 Petro-Canada Young Innovator Award, and the 2002 Province of Ontario’s Premier’s Research Excellence Award. He also received the 2003 Carleton University Research Achievement Award, and the Editor’s Award from the ASCE Journal of Environmental Engineering in 2004.
Wayne Parker is a member of the Waterloo Centre for Microbial Research (https://uwaterloo.ca/waterloo-centre-microbial-research/).
- Environmental & Water Resources
- Sludge Digestion
- Hazardous Compounds
- Fate Mechanisms
- Liquid-Gas Mass Transfer
- Drinking And Waste Water Treatment
- Anaerobic Membrane Bioreactors
- Nutrient Recovery
- 1991, Doctorate, Civil Engineering, University of Waterloo
- 1988, Master's, Civil Engineering, University of Waterloo
- 1986, Bachelor's, Civil Engineering, University of Waterloo
- CIVE 771 - Biological Wastewater Treatment: Theory and Practice
- CIVE 572 - Wastewater Treatment
- CIVE 400 - Civil Engineering Project 1
- ENVE 472 - Wastewater Treatment