The Faculty of Environment announces 35 funded doctoral opportunities ($100,000 over four years) for domestic students.
To help us shape a sustainable future, The Faculty of Environment at the University of Waterloo is inviting the best and the brightest to join our doctoral programs. The Faculty has 35 funded doctoral opportunities with guarenteed funding of $100,000 ($24,000, $24,500, $25,000, and $26,500) over four years for Canadian/Permanent Resident students.
In addition, to attract top applicants, we will also offer:
- An Entrance Award of $10,000 to all domestic PhD students who have retained an average of 85% or higher in their previous two years of study (paid in three installments in the first year).
- The Exceptional Doctoral Student Scholarship, worth $10,000, will be awarded to up to 10 domestic PhD students, based on eligibility and merit, who apply to one of our doctoral programs by February 2019.
Travel support to present at an approved academic conference (valued at $1500)
In some cases, research supervisors will provide additional funding.
How To Apply:
- Review the research project available in our research clusters below.
- Contact the professors of projects that appeal you to ask if they would be interested supervising your PhD studies in those projects
- Or, if you have an exciting project that is not listed, contact professors with similar research interests to find out if they are willing to supervise you in a PhD program
- Apply by February 1 to the PhD program in the home department of the potential supervisor(s). You are still encouraged to apply even though you do not have a confirmed supervisor, but provide names of potential supervisor(s) to whom you application should be forwarded for consideration.