The Faculty of Environment announces 35 funded doctoral opportunities ($100,000 over four years) for domestic students.
In addition, to attract top applicants, we will also offer the following two types of awards to some PhD domestic first-year students:
- An Entrance Award of $10,000 to all domestic PhD students who have retained an average of 85.0 per cent or higher in their previous two years of study (paid in three installments in the first year).
- The Exceptional Doctoral Student Scholarship, worth $10,000, will be awarded to up to 10 PhD domestic entering students, based on eligibility and merit, who apply to one of our doctoral programs by February 2019.
Travel support to present at an approved academic conference (valued at $1500)
In some cases, research supervisors will provide additional funding.
How To Apply:
- Review the research projects available in our research clusters below.
- Contact the professors of projects that appeal you to ask if they would be interested supervising your PhD studies in those projects
- Or, if you have an exciting project that is not listed, contact professors with similar research interests to find out if they are willing to supervise you in a PhD program
- Apply by February 1 to the PhD program in the home department of the potential supervisor(s). You are still encouraged to apply even though you do not have a confirmed supervisor, but provide names of potential supervisor(s) to whom you application should be forwarded for consideration.
- Optional: Apply for an Ontario Graduate Scholarship/Queen Elizabeth II Scholarship in Science and Technology (OGS/QEII GSST) by February 1 to be considered in the competition
For more information about graduate study opportunities in the Faculty of Environment at the University of Waterloo please connect with Simron Singh, Associate Dean, Graduate Studies (email@example.com; 519-888-4567, ext. 33111).