Finding your student fee bill
Quest is the University of Waterloo’s online student information system. It’s a self-service tool giving you access to your uWaterloo record. For example, you can:
- pre-enrol in future term courses
- view your enrolment appointment
- generate your Proof of Enrolment
- add/drop/swap classes
- view your schedule for confirmation of enrolment
- view your online course materials information
- view/change your online education course exam schedule
- view your financial account including tuition fees
- access tax receipts for tuition
- opt out of optional incidental fees
- display or print your term grades and unofficial transcript
- update your e-mail address, address, and phone number
For help logging on to and navigating Quest, see the Quest Help page.
What we charge to your student account
Your student account will be charged one term at a time for tuition and incidental (non-tuition) fees, and residence and meal plan charges, as applicable. A term is a particular 4-month period:
- Fall Term – September to December;
- Winter Term – January to April;
- Spring Term – May to August.
For tuition fee details, please see Tuition Fee Schedules.
Incidental fees are non-tuition fees charged to your student account. Incidental fees may include such things as a co-op fee, and a variety of compulsory, optional and voluntary fees which support a quality student experience on campus.
Residence & meal plan fees
For details, please visit Campus Housing. Note: the residence fees for students staying at St. Paul's University College or Conrad Grebel University College are billed directly by that institution and must be paid to them directly.
The fees for textbooks, class notes, mandatory supplies, certain accommodation or other costs associated with field trips, or other miscellaneous expenses, are not billed to your student account.
Outgoing exchange students
- Fees will be assessed to your student account for a full course load (2.5 credits) for the term in which the exchange occurs at the rate for degree students for the Faculty in which you are enrolled at University of Waterloo.
- You will be charged modified incidental fees reflecting the fact that you are studying abroad during the term.
Incoming exchange students
From the time term fees are first posted to the student account (approximately one month prior to term) and during the first seven weeks of term, fees are updated several times throughout the day. Any changes made to your student account will be reflected within the following 6 - 8 hours.
Each term, we will send an email to your uwaterloo email address notifying you when your bill for the coming term becomes available on Quest.
There are several reasons your tuition bill might change after initial release and payment
- Adding or dropping one or more courses to your schedule.
- Changing the number of online vs "on-campus delivered online" courses on your schedule.
- A request to change programs (degree, regular/coop, major) was processed.
- Incoming grades impacted your academic level; for example, until grades are received, PD/WKRPT/COOP courses temporarily count towards your academic level, but once received, your academic level is reset properly. This might cause initial tuition to be calculated at a higher academic level (e.g., 4A) and then reset to the correct/proper academic level (e.g., 3B).
- Transfer credits added to your record which affect the academic level you've been assigned.
- Adding or dropping your meal plan or residence.
- Changes to your financial aid for a prior term.
- Opting out of optional and voluntary incidental fees charged to your student account.
- If your payment or Promissory Note was completed after the term due date and a late fee has been charged to your account.
- Your residency status has changed from international to domestic.
You are responsible for reviewing your account every week or two to ensure all charges are as expected, all payments have been received and all balances are paid.
Changes to your student account after the due date resulting in a balance owing are payable immediately. Please pay the additional charges as soon as possible. Any updates resulting in a credit balance on your student account, may be refunded later in the term.
- Please see the Undergraduate Academic Calendar for information regarding course drop/add deadlines.
- Please see Graduate Academic Calendar for information regarding course & program drop/add deadlines.