Grebel is a multi-year residence with many ways to make connections!
- Connect to other Grebelites during our all-you-can-eat, fill-a-table meals and snack times in our small, tight-knit community of about 162 residents
- Connect with your roommate throughout the day for support, encouragement and a break from academic engagement
- Connect to Grebel faculty, staff and on/off-campus Grebel students through all-Grebel events
- Connect to upper-year students from all faculties in your own residence who can help you navigate your first year
- Connect to main campus through intramurals, music ensembles, classes and clubs
- Connect to the broader community through services trips and local volunteer opportunities
- Connect to a network of social entrepreneurs and peacebuilding professionals in the Centre for Peace Advancement
Come see for yourself how you can connect to the Grebel residence community!
Students from all faculties can take courses at Grebel in:
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Mennonite Studies
- Religious Studies
Conrad Grebel is home to the University of Waterloo undergraduate departments for Music, Peace and Conflict Studies, and Mennonite Studies. Grebel professors are inviting and engaging, and you’ll often see them around Grebel ready to visit with students. The Milton Good Library is easily accessible from the residence hallway and is a bright place to study and research.
Started in 1963 by Ontario Mennonites, Conrad Grebel is part of Mennonite Church Eastern Canada. You’ll find many Mennonites in residence and in the classrooms, but you’ll also find people from many other backgrounds. We welcome and respect students from any (or no) faith traditions.