Faculty, Assistant Professor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: RA2 2120
- Office Phone: 519-888-4567 ext. 31188
- Admin Support: Sarah Wang
Professor Miao has been an assistant professor at the Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC) and the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Waterloo since September, 2012. He first joined IQC in May of 2011 as a Research Assistant Professor.
Prior to joining IQC, he received his PhD from Brown University in 2006, and then went on to roles as a postdoctoral associate and research scientist at the Francis Bitter Magnet Laboratory at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Member, American Physical Society (APS)
- Member, American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Member, Materials Research Society (MRS)
- Reviewer for international physics/materials science journals including Physical Review Letters, Physical Review B, Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Applied Physics, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Thin Solid Films, IEEE Transaction on Magnetics, etc.
- Recipient of Brown University PhD dissertation fellowship
- PhD 2006 Brown University, Providence USA
- MSc 2003 Brown University, Providence USA
- BSc 1999 Shandong University, Jinan China
- Topologically protected low-dimensional spin system (doped Bi/Se/Te system)
- Spin memory and logic devices (magnetoresistance and multiferroics based)
- Diamond spintronics (synthetic diamond as semiconductor/superconductor)
- Oxide spintronics (perovskite/ferrite systems)
|Assistant Professor||Institute for Quantum Computing, University of Waterloo||2012-present|
|Research Assistant Professor||Institute for Quantum Computing, University of Waterloo||2011-2012|
|Research Scientist||Francis Bitter Magnet Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology||2009-2011|
|Postdoctoral Associate||Francis Bitter Magnet Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology||2006-2009|