- Around IQC
- IQC resources
- University of Waterloo resources
- Health care
- Mental health
- Region of Waterloo resources
The Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC) is a busy research institute with regular meetings, events and talks. Join us for:
- Tea time every weekday in the Mike & Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre (Lazaridis Centre) second floor kitchen at 4:00 pm and the Research Advancement Centre 1 (RAC1) first floor kitchen
- Colloquium every Monday in the Lazaridis Centre, QNC 0101 2:30-3:30 pm
- Student seminar every Wednesday in the Lazaridis Centre, QNC 1201 at 12:00 pm
- Journal club every other Friday in RAC1 2009 11:45 am-1:00 pm
- Monthly gatherings the last Friday of every month in the Lazaridis Centre second floor kitchen 3:00-6:00 pm
Please check the IQC website regularly for updates on IQC events.
- Events calendar
- IQC members search
- Printing – once you have installed the printer, email IQC's Information Technology (IT) team and ask for your printing code. Make sure you provide your WatIAM ID.
- Safety courses
- Technical assistance IQC's IT staff
- Bike centre where you can work on your bike or purchase a bike from a bike auction.
- Campus map
- Campus shuttle uWaterloo runs a shuttle between IQC's Research Advancement Centre (RAC), the Davis Centre (DC) and Needles Hall (NH).
- CIBC has a banking branch in the Student Life Centre (SLC) as well as numerous Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) around campus.
- Counselling services
- Eduroam is uWaterloo's secured wireless network.
- See Food services' online list of hours and locations across campus.
- Health clinic on campus in the Health Services Complex
- Living in Waterloo provides information on Waterloo Region.
- Math C&D is run by the uWaterloo Mathematics Society and offers affordable food alternatives on campus.
- Police services can be reached by dialling x2222 on a uWaterloo phone or 519-888-4911 from any off campus phone.
- Turnkey desk in the SLC is open 24 hours, 7 days a week selling coffee, snacks, bus tickets, reduce priced movie tickets and more.
- WatCard is the official photo identification for uWaterloo.
- Daily Bulletin Board provides information on what is happening around campus
WatCard is the uWaterloo ID card, access card, and convenience card.
What is the WatCard used for?
- Add funds and use it like a debit card on campus
- Add funds to access laundry facilities
- Access the library (bring a copy of your URA contract your first visit)
- Participate in uWaterloo intramurals (additional fees apply)
- Access to the gym in the Physical Activities Complex (PAC) and the Columbia Icefields (CIF) ($110/semester)
To get a WatCard go to Campus Tech on the lower level of the Student Life Center (SLC). Bring a piece of ID with you and a copy of your URA contract.
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Bus tickets can be purchased at the Turnkey Desk in the Student Life Centre (SLC).
All paid and unpaid international workers, visitors and students are required to participate in the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP).
Canadian workers, visitors and students are also required to participate in UHIP unless they can provide proof of provincial coverage from their home province.
The University of Waterloo has a Family Health Clinic on campus in the Health Services Complex. Visiting scholars are eligible to use the clinic. Registration is required in order to access the clinic services.
If you are experiencing an urgent mental health crisis that does require the immediate services of a hospital emergency room call 911 from your cell phone or dial 22222 on any University phone to reach the University of Waterloo Police.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis that does not require the immediate services of a hospital emergency room
- Here 24/7 1-844-437-3247
- Good2Talk 1-866-925-5454
- The Distress Centre 519-745-1166
- University of Waterloo Counselling Services