In the Event of an Emergency
Contact Local Police
Be familiar with the local emergency contact number(s).
Contact the University of Waterloo Police Services: 1-519-888-4911
Access is available 24 hours/day, 365 days/year. You can ALWAYS call Police Services if you aren’t sure who to contact. Your health and safety are our priority and your communication with our dedicated staff is critical to ensuring appropriate and timely support for you.
- Provide your name, UWID#, and contact information. Inform the University of Waterloo Police of the specific details of your situation.
- Police Services will provide you with the assistance you require.
- Police Services will initiate the appropriate emergency response protocol on your behalf, by communicating with your Emergency Contact, Faculty Advisor, and/or the Safety Abroad Team.
If you require medical assistance:
Contact your Medical Insurance Provider
- It is your responsibility to carry with you your insurance provider’s contact information.
- You will need to have your policy number and/or membership number with you when you contact them.
As Needed, Local Emergency Services
Be familiar with local emergency service number(s).
Other Emergency Resources
Government of Canada
Anvil Group (University of Waterloo's International Travel Safety and Security Provider)
- Access to 24/7 dedicated travel safety assistance phone line or email for help in any emergency medical, security and travel situations.
- This service is available to all full-time students, faculty, and staff.
- To obtain assistance phone line and/or email address contact firstname.lastname@example.org