The original version of this article was published on the Copyright@Waterloo website.
As we head into the Fall term, the Library would like to remind all instructors of the many copyright-related services and resources available on campus to support your teaching.
- Course reserves, Print & Retail Solutions, and Centre for Extended Learning (CEL) staff can assess copyright concerns on your behalf, and apply fair dealing, a Library license, or purchase transactional licensing for you
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get answers to all of your copyright questions
- Attend one of our copyright workshops offered each term for a simple overview of copyright as it applies to your teaching
- The Copyright@Waterloo website provides information to to guide the use of resources in your teaching, including frequently asked questions, and the Fair Dealing Advisory
- Use the Finding Usage Rights page for step-by-step instructions on how to find out if you can use licensed content (such as e-journals and e-books) in LEARN
- For assistance with using Library resources in your teaching, reach out to your Liaison Librarian anytime
Please send any questions about copyright or licensing to email@example.com.