Archives arranged and described in 2014 are now open for research.
The collections include:
- Paul S. Burtness and Warren U. Ober Pearl Harbor research collection
- Dare Foods Limited fonds : 2014 accrual
- Kaufman family : 2013 accrual
- George Pattinson Woollen Mill fonds
- Accruals to the Tony Urquhart, James Downey, and John English fonds
Paul S. Burtness and Warren U. Ober were both professors at Northern Illinois University when they began researching the events surrounding the attack on Pearl Harbor and the war in the Pacific. The collection includes correspondence with prominent members of the U.S. Forces during World War II, as well as published articles that came out of the research.
Dare Foods Limited is a family-owned business based in Kitchener, Ontario. It manufactures cookies, crackers, candies and fine breads at its seven plants in Ontario, Quebec and South Carolina. Dare candies are made in Toronto and Milton, Ontario.
The accrual contains organizational and financial records, historical information, ephemera, and photographs.
This accrual includes photographs, materials relating to the William H. Kaufman Charitable Foundation, personal records, Kaufman Rubber and Kaufman Footwear records and ephemera, and three scrapbooks relating to birth control in Canada.
George Pattinson was born in 1854 in Haltwhistle, England, and in 1870 immigrated to Canada, where he started working in the wool business. In 1871, Pattinson joined the James Crombie and Company woollen mill in Preston (Cambridge), which he would eventually own. The fonds includes primarily financial and account information for the George Pattinson Woollen mill and its predecessors, including journals, account books, and a ledger. Also includes photographs and ephemera.
- Tony Urquhart fonds : 2014 accrual includes materials showing his creative process; materials relating to his involvement in arts organizations; materials relating to exhibition and sales of his work; and materials related to his personal life. Contains correspondence, ephemera, advertisements, clippings, photographs and idea books.
- James Downey fonds : 2014 accrual consists of materials relating to the personal and professional activities and interests of James Downey from 1966 to 2013. Includes primarily correspondence as well as files relating to committees, consulting work, and personal research interests.
- John English fonds : 2014 accrual consists of material relating to John English's personal and professional interests and activities from the late 1960's to 2009. Includes correspondence, manuscripts and research files, records of organizations and political bodies in which he plays/played a role as well as University of Waterloo teaching files.