Archives arranged and described in 2016 are now open for research. We are most grateful to all our generous donors!
The collections include:
- Bolender Ball family fonds
- Kenneth Rowntree Germany fonds
- Tony Urquhart fonds : 2015-2 accrual
- ...and many more!
Doris Bolender née Moyer and Gordon Bolender, both of Kitchener, went to Nigeria in 1946, where they worked for The United Missionary Society until 1960. Mervin Ball served in the Second World War and later worked for Krug Furniture. He was married to Jean Adelaide Ball. The fonds includes photographs, correspondence, and ephemera, including materials relating to the Second World War and missionary work in 1950s Nigeria.
The collection consists of materialst that were collected by Kenneth Rowntree while he was in the Canadian Army Dental Corps from 1947-1949 in France and Germany. The collection includes materials primarily created in Oldenburg including a scrapbook relating to the Hitlerjugend, propaganda photographs, a playbill, and a brochure for the Beaver Club.
Anthony Morse ("Tony") Urquhart is a Canadian artist and was a professor in the Fine Arts department at the University of Waterloo. He has been making regular donations of his papers to Special Collections & Archives for decades; this new accrual to the fonds includes correspondence, clippings, notes, and typescripts, as well as exhibition brochures like the one pictured here.
- Alida and George Burrett fonds : 2016 accrual
- Rienzi Crusz fonds : 2016 accrual
- Dominion Life Assurance Company head office photograph
- Alice Riggs Hunt fonds : 2015 accrual
- Kaufman Footwear fonds : 2016 accrual
- Kitchener Waterloo local history collection
- Warren U. Ober Tintern Abbey print
- Joseph E. Seagram and Sons lithography stone