Fatih Safa Erenay is an Associate Professor in the Department of Management Sciences at the University of Waterloo.
One area of his research involves stochastic modelling and optimization, with a focus on markov decision processes, partially observable markov decision processes, dynamic programming, and simulation models.
Healthcare is also an area in which Professor Erenay conducts research. He studies medical decision making, organ transplantation, cancer screening and health care delivery. As a result of his research work, Professor Erenay won the Best Paper competition for the piece “Broader View of Designing the Liver Allocation System”.
Professor Erenay’s research also involves production planning with an emphasis on multi-criteria screening.
- Stochastic Modeling and Optimization
- Partially Observable Markov Decision Processes
- Dynamic Programming
- Simulation Models
- Medical Decision Making
- Organ Transplantation
- Cancer Screening
- Health Care Delivery
- Production Planning
- Multicriteria Scheduling
- Data Analytics Research
- 2010, Doctorate, Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2006, Master's, Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University
- 2004, Bachelor's, Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University
- MSCI 261 - Engineering Economics: Financial Management for Engineers
- Taught in 2023
- MSCI 431 - Stochastic Models and Methods
- Taught in 2018, 2019, 2020
- MSCI 452 - Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- Taught in 2018, 2019, 2020
- MSCI 531 - Stochastic Processes and Decision Making
- Taught in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023
- MSCI 631 - Probabilistic Models in Operations Research
- Taught in 2022, 2023
* Only courses taught in the past 5 years are displayed.
- Dalgiç, Özden O and Erenay, F Safa and Pasupathy, Kalyan S and Özaltin, Osman Y and Crum, Brian A and Sir, Mustafa Y, Tollgate-based progression pathways of ALS patients, Journal of neurology, 266(3), 2019, 755 - 765
- Erenay, FS and others, Increased colonoscopy frequency in US cost effective?, PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News, 755, 2016, 28 - 18
- Alarifi, Abdulaziz and Liu, Zhefu and Erenay, Fatih Safa and Elkamel, Ali and Croiset, Eric, Dynamic Optimization of Lurgi Type Methanol Reactor Using Hybrid GA-GPS Algorithm: The Optimal Shell Temperature Trajectory and Carbon Dioxide Utilization, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 55(5), 2016, 1164 - 1173
- Erenay, Fatih Safa and Alagoz, Oguzhan and Banerjee, Ritesh and Said, Adnan and Cima, Robert R, Cost-effectiveness of alternative colonoscopy surveillance strategies to mitigate metachronous colorectal cancer incidence, Cancer, 2016
- Shi, Jinghua and Alagoz, Oguzhan and Erenay, Fatih Safa and Su, Qiang, A survey of optimization models on cancer chemotherapy treatment planning, Annals of Operations Research, 221(1), 2014, 331 - 356
- Erenay, Fatih Safa and Alagoz, Oguzhan and Said, Adnan, Optimizing colonoscopy screening for colorectal cancer prevention and surveillance, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 16(3), 2014, 381 - 400
- Currently considering applications from graduate students. A completed online application is required for admission; start the application process now.