Olga Vechtomova is a Professor in the Department of Management Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, and is cross-appointed in the School of Computer Science.
Professor Vechtomova leads the Natural Language Processing (NLP) Lab at the University of Waterloo. Her research is focused on designing deep neural network architectures for a variety of natural language understanding, natural language generation and information retrieval tasks. The current and recent projects in the NLP lab include controlled text generation, text style transfer, multimodal representation learning, text summarization, disentangled representation learning and artistic applications of text generative models. She is a member of the Waterloo.AI institute.
- natural language generation
- artificial intelligence
- machine learning
- natural language processing
- computational linguistics
- AI and creativity
- 2001, Doctorate, Information Science, City University, London
- MSCI 245 - Databases and Software Design
- Taught in 2022, 2023
- MSCI 342 - Principles of Software Engineering
- Taught in 2023
- MSCI 444 - Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Taught in 2018, 2019, 2020
- MSCI 598 - Special Topics in Management Engineering
- Taught in 2022
- MSCI 641 - Text Analytics
- Taught in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023
* Only courses taught in the past 5 years are displayed.
- Vechtomova, Olga and Sahu, Gaurav and Kumar, Dhruv, LyricJam: A system for generating lyrics for live instrumental music, Proc. of the 12th Conference on Computational Creativity, 2021
- Bahuleyan, Hareesh and Mou, Lili and Vechtomova, Olga and Poupart, Pascal, Variational Attention for Sequence-to-Sequence Models, COLING, 08 2018, Santa Fe