Hossein Abouee Mehrizi is an Associate Professor in the Department of Management Sciences at the University of Waterloo, as well as a Canada Research Chair in healthcare Analytics.
His research interests include data-driven modeling of complex stochastic systems, stochastic processes and optimization with applications in service and health systems.
- Data-driven modeling of complex systems
- Stochastic processes and optimization
- Service and healthcare operations management
- 2011, Doctorate, Operations Management, University of Toronto
- 2005, Master's, Industrial Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
- 2003, Bachelor's, Industrial Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
- MSCI 555 - Scheduling: Theory and Practice
- Taught in 2017, 2020
- MSCI 700 - Topics in Operations Research and Management
- Taught in 2021
- MSCI 719 - Operations Analytics
- Taught in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Sarhangian, V and Abouee-Mehrizi, H and Baron, O and Berman, O and Heddle, NM and Barty, R, Reducing the age of transfused red blood cells in hospitals: ordering and allocation policies, Vox sanguinis, 2016
- Abouee-Mehrizi, Hossein and Baron, Opher, State-dependent M/G/1 queueing systems, Queueing Systems, 82(1-2), 2016, 121 - 148
- Abouee-Mehrizi, Hossein and Berman, Oded and Sharma, Shrutivandana, Optimal Joint Replenishment and Transshipment Policies in a Multi-Period Inventory System with Lost Sales, Operations Research, 63(2), 2015, 342 - 350
- Sadat, Somayeh and Abouee-Mehrizi, Hossein and Carter, Michael W, Can hospitals compete on quality?, Health care management science, 18(3), 2015, 376 - 388
- Sharma, Shrutivandana and Abouee Mehrizi, Hossein and Berman, Oded, Optimal Joint Replenishment and Transshipment Policies in a Multi-Period Inventory System With Lost Sales, Rotman School of Management Working Paper(257606), 2015
- Currently considering applications from graduate students. A completed online application is required for admission; start the application process now.