Professor and Canada Research Chair in Spine Biomechanics and Injury Prevention, Kinesiology
Phone: 519-888-4567 x37080
Location: BMH 3122
Fax: 519 746 6776
- PhD, University of Waterloo, 1999
- MSc, University of Waterloo, 1994
- BSc, University of Ottawa, 1992
- Cumulative injury mechanics
- Occupational biomechanics
- Automotive seating and assembly
- KIN 121/221 - Advanced Biomechanics of Human Movement
- KIN 425 - Biomechanical Modelling of Human Movement
- KIN 612 - Instrumentation and Signal Processing in Biophysical Research
- Gregory, D.E., Veldhuis, J.H., Horst, C., Brodland, G.W., Callaghan, J.P. Novel lap test determines the mechanics of delamination between annular lamellae of the intervertebral disc. Journal of Biomechanics 44(1): 97-102, 2011.
- Parkinson, R.J., Bezaire, M., Callaghan, J.P. A comparison of low back kinetic estimates obtained through posture matching, rigid link modelling and an EMG-assisted model. Applied Ergonomics 42(5): 644-651, 2011.
- Callaghan, J.P., Gregory, D.E., Durkin, J.L. Do NIRS measures relate to subjective discomfort during sedentary tasks? International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics 40(2): 165-170, 2010.
- Gregory, D.E. and Callaghan, J.P. Does vibration influence the initiation of intervertebral disc herniation? An examination of herniation occurrence using a porcine cervical disc model. Spine 36(4): E225-231, 2011.
- Callaghan, J.P., Coke, S.K., Beach, T.A.C. Gender and time varying postural and discomfort responses during prolonged driving. Occupational Ergonomics 9(1): 41-53, 2010.
University of Waterloo