Dip Optom (Wits Technikon),
MSc (Houston), PhD (Houston)
Trefford did his optometric training in Johannesburg, South Africa, graduate training at the University of Houston and a post-doctoral fellowship at the University of Toronto. He has been at the University of Waterloo since 1994 and is currently a Professor at the School of Optometry and Vision Science.
- Areas of interest: Soft Metrology, psychophysical measurement of ocular surface pain and thermal sensing, scaling symptoms and visual function, ocular surface imaging (particularly OCT), ocular surface structure and function, binocular vision
- Approved Ph.D. supervisor
- Graduate Officer (July 2009 - )
- Registered optometrist (Ontario)
- Supervising clinician
- Clinical interests: Binocular Vision, Electro-diagnostic Service
- OPTOM 615 - Visual Psychophysics
- OPTOM 616 - Research Methodology for Vision Science
- OPTOM 620 - Data Analysis in Vision Science
- A list of publications and research activities is available at Dr. Simpson's Soft Metrology Lab website.