NOTE: pre-registration is required
- Presentation at 6:30 PM in PHY 150
- Telescope viewing at 7:00 PM (access from 3rd floor of PHY)
The Observatory is open for public tours, offering a chance to look through the university's telescope. This will be preceded by a short talk on astronomy (around 30 minutes) plus an opportunity to ask questions, followed by a tour of the dome.
Please note: in the event of bad weather, the talk and tour of facilities will go ahead, but the observing portion will not be possible (if it's too cloudy to see stars or the Moon with the unaided eye, then we won't be able to see them through the telescope either).
- Register for seats and/or sign-up for the waitlist (note: registration will open Mon. Oct. 31st at noon)
- Directions to campus via car or public transit
- Google map showing how to find the Physics Building (PHY)
- Instructions for parking
- Astronomical weather forecast (updated everyday around noon - look for dark blue squares in the evening)