- The main University of Waterloo campus is in the city of Waterloo, located in southwestern Ontario with easy access to Hamilton, London, and Toronto.
- Our street address is 200 University Ave. West, Waterloo, Ontario.
- Located 100 km east of our campus, Toronto's Pearson International Airport connects you to the world.
- We also have 3 specialized campuses (for architecture, health sciences, and digital media) in the nearby cities of Cambridge, Kitchener, and Stratford.
- With more than 50,000 university and college students, the city of Waterloo is a great place to live and study.
By car – from highway 401
- Take exit 278 (from Toronto) or exit 278B (from London) to highway 8 WEST Kitchener/Waterloo
- From Hamilton/Niagara, take highway 403 to highway 6 NORTH; follow 6 North to highway 401 WEST; follow 401 West to exit 278; proceed as below.
- Follow the signs for 85 NORTH Waterloo.
- Exit at University Avenue West, which is the second University Avenue exit (just past the University Ave East exit when travelling north from the 401).
- Drive about 3 km along University Avenue to Seagram Drive – the main entrance to the University of Waterloo.
Travelling to the main campus by bus, train, or taxi
Greyhound Canada offers service to major cities in southern Ontario, including frequent service to Toronto.
GO Transit offers service to Waterloo’s main campus daily from Mississauga and Milton. You can make connections to the entire GO Transit bus and train system at Square One, Mississauga.
A VIA Rail train station is located at 126 Weber Street West in Kitchener, Waterloo's twin city.
Travelling to Waterloo by air
The closest major airport is Pearson International Airport in Toronto, approximately 100 km east of Kitchener-Waterloo. The easiest way to reach Waterloo's main campus or the School of Architecture from the Pearson International Airport is to hire an airport limo or airporter service such as Airways Transit.
The Region of Waterloo International Airport is 20 km from Waterloo's main campus. The airport is served by WestJet (direct flights to Calgary). To reach Waterloo's campuses from the Region of Waterloo Airport, you'll need to rent a car or hire a taxi.
Waterloo's specialized campuses
By car – from Highway 401
- Take exit 282 to Hwy 24 SOUTH / Hespeler Road. – keep right to head south on Hespeler Road
- Hespeler Road splits and becomes Water Street N. and Ainslie Street N. – keep right to continue south on Water Street N.
- Turn right onto Main Street.
- Immediately after crossing the bridge over the river, turn left onto Melville Street S.
- The School of Architecture will be on your left; parking is located at the far end of the building.
Tours of the School of Pharmacy building are typically held in conjunction with the Fall Open House and March Break Open House. Due to the heavy use of the building, tours cannot generally be arranged at other times.
Waterloo's School of Pharmacy is located at 10 Victoria Street South, Kitchener ON.
Advantages of studying in Waterloo
Studying in Waterloo Region comes with a number of advantages.
- Home to 2 universities and a college, the city of Waterloo is dedicated to education, and many of the businesses and services are geared toward the student population.
- The University of Waterloo is located close to Wilfrid Laurier University, the University of Guelph, and Conestoga College and often partners with these and other institutions to provide Waterloo students with the best education possible.