- Elevator - Dana Porter LibraryWork On-going
- Road Closure - Ring Road at DWE and CPHMay 5, 2021
- Road Closure - Ring Road at Fed HallMay 25, 2021
- Elevator - Centre for Environmental & Information TechnologyMay 28, 2021
- Electricity - Dana Porter LibraryMay 29, 2021
- Emergency Power - SLC/PAC/UCMay 29, 2021
- Electricity - Village 1May 29, 2021
- Domestic Hot & Cold Water - Dana Porter LibraryMay 31, 2021
- Domestic Hot & Cold Water - DWEJune 1, 2021
- Electricity - Earth Sciences & ChemistryJune 2, 2021
- Electricity - Biology 1June 3, 2021
- Multiple Serices - Biology 1June 3, 2021
- Electricity - Biology 2June 4, 2021
- Electricity - ESC, B1 and B2June 19, 2021
- Annual Steam MaintenanceAugust 16, 2021
Welcome to Plant Operations
To enable outstanding learning, high-impact research and vibrant campus life experiences of our University community, advancing Waterloo’s mission. We will achieve our common purpose by delivering prudent planning, development, maintenance and operations of University property, facilities and infrastructure. Through our professional facilities and property management services, we provide a contemporary campus environment that is safe and accessible, invitingly clean and comfortable, functionally enriched and well-maintained.
To be a leader among educational facilities professionals in service excellence and best-practice asset stewardship exceeding stakeholder expectations.
COVID-19 Service Modifications
Due to COVID-19, we have modified our services, as outlined below.
Environmental Services (Custodial & Waste Management)
All emergency infrastructure/maintenance items – call Plant Operations 24 Hr line at ext. 43793.
All non-emergency maintenance concerns can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Control is open and has resumed normal operations, observing all COVID-19 protocols. Hours are 8:00 am - 11:30 am and 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
Plant Operations main administration and reception desk on the 2nd floor remain closed, as most in-person services continue to be suspended at this time.
Address any questions or concerns to email@example.com
The majority of staff will be checking email and phone messages. Please use UW staff directory as needed.
Parking & Grounds
The Parking office is open and has resumed normal operations, observing all COVID-19 protocols. Hours are 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
Student permits are ONLY available online.
All parking gates are open and parking enforcement will be maintained on accessibility spaces and fire routes only. This service will be provided by UW Police. All parking fees have been waived until the end of September.
Shuttle services have been suspended.
Grounds services have been reduced.
Campus access and roads will be maintained at all times (snow, flooding etc.)
Design & Construction
Design staff are actively working from home and are checking email and phone messages. Please use the UW staff directory as needed.
24 Hour Emergency Service Line ext. 43793
Call us 24 hours/day to report urgent maintenance issues.
For non-urgent issues, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide the building and room number in the subject and a thorough description of the problem in the body of the email.