PD6: Problem Solving gives students the knowledge and skills they need to approach and tackle complex problems in the workplace. Effective problem solving isn’t as simple as snapping fingers and making a decision — it takes creativity, communication, and careful analysis. Students who take PD6 work through sample problems using a systematic process and make plans that are flexible and robust enough for use in any workplace.
What do PD6 students do?
- Determine the root cause and solution to a problem using analysis
- Use different problem solving styles to creatively solve problems
- Determine barriers to problem solving and learn to address them
- "I enjoyed how applicable [the course] was to real life workplace situations as well as in academic group projects. There are so many problems in life and this course taught me practical skills."
- "The course provides me with enough real situations and improves my problem-solving skills. It prepared me for future situations in which I will need to solve problems effectively."
Students need to earn a grade of 50% to pass PD6. They also need to earn a grade of 50% on the final assignment.
If you have a question about grading in PD6, contact the course team using the information in the sidebar.