The Undergraduate Calendar states the degree requirements that you will need to meet in order to graduate. If degree requirements change before you graduate, the changes will NOT affect you (they only affect students entering the program in future years). Each year a new calendar is released. Always be sure you are viewing the calendar for the year you started your program. You may also visit LEARN Health Community Group for degree checklist and course inventory.
Important note: Students must adhere to the course requirements in the correct sequence of courses. If you deviate from the correct course sequence you could miss an important prerequisite for an upper year course or you may even be required to withdraw from the program. Students wishing to alter their sequence must meet with their academic advisor and complete a Departmental Consent Form and/or request for academic/work term change form (co-op).
Minimum average requirements
- 67% Cumulative Health (Major) Average - average of ALL HEALTH STUDIES (“HLTH”) courses taken so far. This average only affects your academic standing once you’ve attempted 2.0 units in your major courses (normally after 2A)
- 63% Cumulative Average – this average is calculated each term but includes grades from ALL courses taken at UW so far
- Health Studies students who are enrolled in lab courses must have appropriate instruction on issues of safety. The Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) training for students satisfies this requirement. All students at Waterloo who have a lab/shop/studio component to their studies that requires them to work with controlled products must have WHMIS training
- 75% Cumulative Health (Major) Average - average of ALL HEALTH STUDIES ("HLTH") courses taken so far. This average only affests your academic standing once you've attempted 2.0 units in your major courses (normally after 2A)
- 70% Cumulative Average - this average is caluculated each term but includes grades from ALL courses taken at UW so far
Academic standing and grades
Please refer to academic standing for minimum academic averages for each program. Check your unofficial transcripts at the beginning of each term for transcript text and your overall academic standing. This standing will be based on your cumulative average and your major average of all of the courses (passed or failed) that you have taken at Waterloo while enrolled as an undergraduate.