The School of Public Health Sciences is an applicant for accreditation by the Council on Education for Public Health. The accreditation review will address the Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Public Health and Master of Public Health. Other degrees and areas of study offered by this institution will not be included in the unit of accreditation review.
If you have any questions about the accreditation process, please email Ashley King.
Please note that all dates are subject to change.
September 2019 – initial application was approved
September 2021- preliminary self study will be submitted
November 2021 – receive reviewer’s comments on self study
January 2022 – submit final self study
February 2022 – site visit
Fall 2022 – council makes accreditation decision
External Advisory Committee
The External Advisory Committee is a broad group of public health system leaders across public, private and civil society sectors who bring public health knowledge, practice, expertise and leadership in order to provide guidance and feedback to faculty and staff of the School of Public Health Sciences.
- Dr. Peter Donnelly, President and CEO, Public Health Ontario
- Dr. Hsiu-Li Wang, Acting Medical Officer of Health, Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services
- Dr. Steven Rebellato, Director of Environment Health, Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit
- Pegeen Walsh, Executive Director, Ontario Public Health Association
- Dr. Maureen Dobbins, Scientific Director, National Collaborating Centre for Methods and Tools
- David Siladi, Knowledge Exchange and Research Coordinator, Waterloo Region Crime Prevention Council
- Dr. David Jones, Clinical Professor, Faculty of Medicine at the University of Saskatchewan
- Dr. Suzy Wong, Senior Policy Analyst, Public Health Agency of Canada
- Dr. Nicola Mercer, Medical Officer of Health, Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
- Mariette Sutherland, Consultant
- Anne Simard, Chief Mission and Research Officer, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- Dr. Salim Sohani, Director, Global Health, Canadian Red Cross