March 30, 2023
The School of Public Health Sciences (SPHS) is delighted to be hosting the inaugural Research and Practice in Health Sciences Conference. The conference will take place Thursday, March 30, 2023 in a hybrid format.
The aim of this student-led conference is to expose current undergraduate and graduate students and postdoctoral fellows within SPHS to a range of career paths, including research and practice related to health. The conference will offer an opportunity for the SPHS community to reflect on skills needed for health research and practice and provide graduate students and postdoctoral fellows with presentation experience. Students from all SPHS graduate programs, as well as postdoctoral fellows, are invited to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations in the practice and research categories.
For 2023, the conference is open to School of Public Health Sciences students only; however, pending support, we will look at expanding the event in future years.
- January 27, 2023, 11:59 p.m. EST – Abstract submission deadline (virtual or in-person presentation preference should be indicated at this time)
- February 24, 2023 – Notification of review results (accepted/not accepted)
- March 15, 2023 – Deadline for in-person registrations
- March 24, 2023 – Deadline for submissions of virtual (recorded) oral presentations and posters
Thank you to our Peer Review Committee:
- Dr. Moses Tetui for acting as senior peer reviewer and advisor
- Joy Hutchinson for coordinating the peer-review process
- Megan Dol with Joy Hutchinson, for providing a peer reviewer consensus workshop
Thank you to our generous peer reviewers:
- Meagan Bacciaglia
- Danica Bui
- Meghan Crouch
- Kimberly D'Mello
- Hoda Herati
- Karen Hock
- Antolea Ilic
- Dane Mauer-Vakil
- Lauren McLennan
- Alyssa Milano
- Amanda Nova
- Grace Okusanya
- Laura Peach
- Emily Rutter
- Carrie Shorey
- Eden Solomon
Thank you to our Conference Faculty Advisory Committee, Dr. Williams, Dr. Morita, and Dr. Kirkpatrick.
Thank you to Dr. Yessis and Ashley King for assistance with the Careers Panel.