Advance your career as a health professional
The Master of Health Evaluation (MHE) program is designed for professional evaluators and practicing health professionals seeking exciting careers in future health care decision-making.
Graduates will be adept at evaluative thinking, well versed in systems science, evaluation theory and methods, and possess excellent skills in communication and stakeholder engagement.
- Innovative program design - this is the first MHE professional graduate program in Canada
- Strong curriculum - the program is based on the core competencies for evaluation practice established by the Canadian Evaluation Society
- Meets the demands of the field - provides students with the knowledge, skills, and field experience required to address complex health challenges in Canada and across the globe
- International perspective - includes national and global perspectives of health policy and evaluation
- Creates opportunities - the MHE encourages collaboration with health sector stakeholders and applied researchers through coursework and the practicum component
- The MHE program is flexible for the working professional and is completed online as a part-time or full-time student.
Application deadline: February 1
In order for an application to be considered, all required documentation, including academic references, must be submitted on or before this date. Please aim to apply by January 18 to allow adequate time to upload supporting documents and ensure that your referees are aware of this firm deadline.
NOTE: Due to the competitive nature of the professional programs at the University of Waterloo the ideal GPA for admission is based on the current pool of applicants and the previous years GPA cut-off. The minimum Graduate Studies application standard for admission is a CGPA of 3.0 or 75%. Successful applicants in the professional programs in 2020/2021 had an average GPA of 78%.
Funding and awards
A variety of scholarships, assistantships, and other forms of financial aid are available for graduate students in any professional graduate program. Most of these awards are for full-time graduate students only.
Frequently asked questions
We've compiled the answers to the most common questions about the MHE program.