The School of Public Health and Health Systems is a division of the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
Cross appointment with Cheriton School of Computer Science, University of Waterloo
Office: TBJ 1124
Phone: 519-888-4567, ext. 32131
Health informatics, translatonal research in healthcare and medicine, health system integration, semantic interoperability, healthcare decision making and decision support, health data analytics, medical imaging informatics, patient safety
Health informatics, semantic web, information system design and management, health data standards, health data security and patient consent
BA (Hon.), Engineering Mechanics (Tsinghua University, Beijing, China)
MSc, Engineering Mechanics (Tsinghua University, Beijing, China)
PhD, Computational Biomechanics (University of Waterloo)
Selected recent publications
- Chen, H., Spencer, B., Maitland, J., Geng, L., D'Amours, D., and Koff, D. A Radiation Exposure Registry with Comprehensive Monitoring Services, RSNA2011, 97th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of Radiology Society of North America, Chicago, USA (2011)
- Khan, A., Chen, H., and Mckillop, I., A Semantic Approach to Secure Exchange of Patient Information, MEDSI, April 14-16, Montreal, 2011 (received best paper awards)
- Kashyap, V., Prud'hommeau, E., Chen, H., Stenzhorn, H., Pathak, J., Richesson, R., Clinical Observation Interoperability: A Semantic Web Approach, 2009, AIMA Spring Congress, May 28-30, Orlando, US.
- Chen, H. and Abidi, S.S.R., Towards an E-Health Framework for Knowledge Translation, 2007, E-Health 2007, May, Quebec City, Canada.
- Ruttenberg, A., Clark, T., Bug, W., Samwald, M., Bodenreider, O., Chen, H., Doherty, D., Forsberg, K., Goa, Y., Kashyap, V., Kinoshita, J., Luciano, J., Marshall, M.S., Ogbuji, C., Rees, J., Stephens, S., Wong, G., Wu, E., Zaccagnini, D., Hongsermeier, T., Neuman, E., Herman, I., and Cheung, K., Advancing Translational Research with the Semantic Web, 2007, May 9; 8 Suppl. 3: S2, BMC J. of Bioinformatics.
- Abidi, S.S.R. and Chen, H., Adaptable Personalized Care Planning via a Semantic Web Framework, Proceedings, 2006, MIE 2006 European Federation of Medical Informatics, August, Netherlands, 121-126.
- Chen, H., De Roo, J. and Devitt, S., RPGOntology: A Semantic Webized Knowledge Base of Radiation Protection Guidelines, 2005, Proceedings, SKG2005, First International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge and Grid, October, Beijing, China, 97-102.