Quest is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except for 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. on Wednesdays), and may occasionally be subject to unexpected system outages. If this happens, rest assured we are working to make Quest available again as quickly as possible.
- Check your browser requirements
- Review common errors
- Review Quest instructions (including screenshots)
- Review some resources to help you navigate Quest
- Contact us
Quest is best viewed with the most current versions of either:
- Make sure cookies are enabled on your browser.
- We don't recommend setting user preferences in Quest as it can cause difficulty accessing enrolment appointments and class schedules.
- "Beta" versions of a web browsers are not compatible with Quest.
Check that the information listed for date, time, and time-zone settings are accurate with your local time. If the information is not correct, adjust the date, time, and time-zone settings to read with the correct information.
Invalid username and password
Quest authenticates your username and password with your WatIAM account information. If your WatIAM is different, you will get this error message. Go to WatIAM for help.
You must have cookies enabled on your browser in order to use Quest. Cookies are small text files that websites place in your computer to help your web browsers remember specific information. They're used to store your preferences for content or personalized pages. Cookies can only be read from the web server they're issued from. They can't retrieve information from your hard drive or profile your system.
If cookies are enabled and you are experiencing problems navigating in Quest, try deleting cookies and clearing cache in your browser.
Enable cookies in my browser
Cookies may be turned off in your browser. Check your browser cookie settings. If you change your cookie settings, you may need to close and reopen your browser to get the new settings (and log out of Quset and then log in again). The server will reject your computer's cookies if your date and time are too far away from the actual date and time; first confirm that your system's date and time are correct.
Note: It is possible to have cookies turned on in your browser and still not have cookies available. Cookies may be disabled by Internet security programs or various other security measures. Check with your system administrator.
Delete cookies and clear cache in my browser
If you have deleted cookies and cleared your cache and you see the following message, retry logging in one more time.
"Your login was not successful. It appears your browser does not accept cookies, and cookies are required for Quest. Please enable cookies and try again."
How to access cookies in various browsers
- At the top right, from the menu, select Settings.
- Select Privacy and security.
- Select Cookies and other site data.
- Select the desired choice and close Settings.
- Select Options from the menu.
- Select Privacy & Security.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, select either the Manage Data... button or the Manager Permissions... button to set cookies as desired.
- Close Options.
- Select Tools.
- Select Internet options.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- A slider indicates how cookies are handled. The default setting is medium. Note: The slider will not be present if custom cookie settings are used. To change custom cookie settings, select Advanced.
- Select Preferences.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Select the desired choice.
Review our Quest instructions, with screenshots. Choose the appropriate link:
- Applicants - undergraduate studies
- Applicants - graduate studies
- Current undergraduate students
- Current graduate students
- Faculty and staff (go to the Registrar Resources for Staff and Faculty website)
- Understanding the Schedule of classes
- Glossary of terms for undergraduate applicants and students (Undergraduate Studies Academic Calendar)
- Glossary of terms for graduate applicants and students
Need to report a log in problem with Quest?
Below is an example of the information you will need to provided about your computer/device in your email:
- Web browser: Chrome version 76
- Operating system: Windows 7 Enterprise
- Screen resolution: 1680 X 1050
- Language setting: en-us
- Web browser is set to accept cookies?: Yes
- Time on computer is configured to: Fri Apr 7 14:57:33 EDT 2020