Professor, Dean of Environment
Phone: 519-888-4567, ext. 32883
Location: EV1 347
Bruce is a Professor and Dean of the Faculty of Environment. His research interests fall within the broad ambit of sustainable cities, encompassing the three related areas of human migration, urbanization and food security, with a focus on Sub-Saharan Africa and cities of the Global South. Bruce currently serves as the Chair for the Canadian chapter of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UN-SDSN).
Bruce is currently not accepting Graduate Students due to his current role as Dean of the Faculty of Environment.
- INDEV 100: Introduction to International Development
- INDEV 617: Development Practice Field Course
- Crush, J., B. Frayne, and G. Haysom (eds.). 2020. Handbook on Urban Food Security in the Global South. Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham. 432p.
- Frayne, B., J. Crush and C. McCordic (eds.). 2018. Food and Nutrition Security in Southern African Cities. Routledge, London. 219p.
Recent Journal Articles
- McCordic, C. and B. Frayne. 2020. The Network of Household Barriers to Achieving SDG 1, 1 and 2 in Maputo, Mozambique. Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition. https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19320248.2020.1848686.
- Sgro, J., B. Frayne and C. McCordic. 2019. Linking the Sustainable Development Goals through an Investigation of Urban Household Food Security in Southern Africa. Journal of Sustainability Research. May, 1(3). https://doi.org/10.20900/jsr20190004.
- PhD - Geography, Queen's University
- MCRP - Planning, University of Cape Town
- BA - Geography and Sociology, University of Natal