Continuing Lecturer, Manager of International Work Placements
519-885-1460, ext. 25201
Saint Paul's University College, room 221
John Abraham is a political economist who has a background in environmental policy, social entrepreneurship and South Asian studies. His reseach and teaching interests include the relationship between economic policy and identity politics, international experiential learning and community based development. He was formerly Assistant Professor of Global Studies at Wilfrid Laurier University.
- INDEV 476: Contemporary Issues in Development Practice
- INDEV 401: Field Placement
- INDEV 402: Field Placement
- INDEV 302: Development Agents
- ARTS 130: Inquiry and Communication
- Abraham, J., & Geobey, S. (2021). Digital elixir? The Aakash tablet as a social innovation in information and communication technology for development (ICT4D). Social Enterprise Journal.
- Abraham, J. (2020). The social entrepreneur as global citizen: A critical appraisal of a theory of social change. In The Global Citizenship Nexus (pp. 194-208). Routledge.
- Abraham. J, (2019). In Search of Dharma: Integral Humanism and the Political Economy of Hindu Nationalism, South Asia: Journal of South Asian Studies, DOI: 10.1080/00856401.2019.1557362
- Tschirhart, C., Berardi, A., Mistry, J., Bignante, E., Verwer, C., Glastra, R., de Ville, G., Davis, O., de Souza, C., Haynes, L., Albert, G., Xavier, R., Jafferally, D. & Abraham, J. (2014) The politics of climate change and sustainable local practices: an evaluation of synergies and conflicts in the Guiana Shield, South America. Revista Virtual REDESMA. (7)1.
- Abraham. J, (2005) Archeology and Politics: A Case Study of the Ayodhya Issue, Material Religion, Volume 1 Issue 2, 253-260.
- Berkes, F, Armitage. D, Ibarra M. A., Charles, T., Loucks, L., Graham, J., Seixas, C., Makino, M., Satria, A., Abraham, J. (2014). Guidelines for Analysis of Social Ecological Systems.
- Mistry, J., Berardi, A., Tschirhart, C., Abraham, J., Bignante, E. (2012). Report on the cross-scalar interactions and compatibilities governing sustainable development and ecosystem service management of the Guiana Shield. The Open University.
- Abraham. J and Armstrong. W (2003). Consumer Representatives: Linking them to Consumers, Consumers’ Association of Alberta Report.
- PhD - Politics and International Relations, Royal Holloway University of London
- MPhil - Modern South Asian Studies, University of Cambridge
- BA - Religious Studies, University of Calgary