Office: Hagey Hall 3166
Phone: 519-888-4567 x36516
Education and certifications
- Bachelor of Commerce (McMaster University)
- Masters of Business Administration (McMaster University)
- Certified Management Accountants (CMA)
- Fellow of CMA (FCMA)
I am interested in building and validating financial and non financial performance measures for manufacturing operations. I am also interested in accounting for the environment, the determination of appropriate costing models in Design to Cost environments, and ethical practices within management accounting.
- Russell, Grant., 'Ethics Test Results' , CMA Management , September, 1999, pg. 18.
- Russell, Grant., 'The Ethical Temperature in Arcticview' , CMA Magazine , January, 1996.
- Russell, Grant., 'The Ethical Dilemma of Northlake' , CMA Magazine , March, 1993.
- Russell, Grant, Kathryn Fisher, and Leonard G. Eckel., 'Environmental Performance Measurement' , CMA , March, 1992, pg. 16-23.
- Russell, Grant, and Anthony A. Atkinson. , Recognizing Opportunities for Improving Operating Performance: A Field Study of Practice in Five Canadian Firms , Research Monograph of the Society of Management Accountants of Canada, April, 1992.
- Russell, Grant, and D.M. Dilts., 'Accounting for the Four Costs of External Failure', Continuous Improvement: the Challenge for the Nineties, Conference Proceedings, American Society for Quality Control, June, 1989, pg. 317-322.
- Distinguished Teaching Award, University of Waterloo, 2000
- Elected "Fellow" of the Society of Management Accountants of Canada
- Board of Directors, CMA of Canada, Periodically from 1978 - 2002
- Editor, Accountability Column, CMA Magazine
- Chair, Audit Committee, Society of Management Accountants of Canada, ending 2002
- Member, FCMA Selection Committee, ending 2002
- Member, Performance Measurement Task Force, Society of Management Accountants of Canada
- Session moderator, The Society of Management Accountants of Ontario
- Other consulting activities for industry and government organizations