Professor Emeritus (1989 - 2017)
Education and certifications
- BTech (Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur)
- MBA (Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta)
- PhD (Iowa)
My teaching interests are in financial accounting. My research interests are in, capital markets, analysts forecasts, oil and gas accounting and audit markets.
- Bandyopadhyay, Sati, and Jennifer Kao., 'Market Structure and Audit Fees: A Local Analysis', Contemporary Accounting Research, forthcoming.
- Bandyopadhyay, Sati, A. S. Hilton, and G. D. Richardson., 'A Re-examination of Reconciling Items Between Canadian and United States GAAP', Managerial Finance, volume 28(3), 2002, pg. 37-56.
- Bandyopadhyay, Sati, and Jennifer Kao., 'Competition and Big-Six Brand Name Reputation: Evidence from the Ontario Municipal Audit Market', Contemporary Accounting Research, Spring, 2001, pg. 27-64.
- Bandyopadhyay, Sati, and Jennifer Kao., 'Get the Price Right', CA Magazine, November, 2001, pg. 47-50.
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, "Incenctives and consequences of unfulfilled open market research programs: theory and evidence from the Canadian equity market", with Jennifer Kao, 2003 - 2006, $59,334
- Chair, Public Sector Accounting and Auditing Exposure Draft Response Committee, Canadian Academic Accounting Association
- Examiner for Accounting Theory, Certified General Accountants Canada