The Statutory Compliance Program monitors the University of Waterloo's statutory and regulatory obligations.
At the University of Waterloo, this program includes the following activities:
- Annual reporting to the Audit & Risk Committee
- Reporting to the Building & Properties Committee
- As part of it's duties, the Building & Properties Committee of the Board of Governors ensure that the University complies with all building codes, fire codes, safety regulations and statutory and regulatory provisions, as appropriate, in its building and properties program, and reviews compliance annually. The University Secretary provides the Committee with an annual report, derived from the report to the Audit & Risk Committee.
- Statement on statutory compliance
- The Statutory Compliance Statement outlines what we need and want to achieve. This statement is updated occasionally.
- Policy Renewal Project
- The University Secretary manages the library of policies, procedures and guidelines with application from across the University. An underlying principle of the project is to ensure general coherence between UW policies and relevant statutory and regulatory responsibilities.
- Learn more about this project.