The Finance & Investment Committee exercises oversight over the financial affairs of the University, including the review of tuition increases and the annual operating budget recommendations to the Board of Governors. The Committee approves the appointment of investment fund managers and approves investment decisions within the approved asset mix in compliance with the University’s investment policies and guidelines for all investment funds except pension investments.
The Committee exercises oversight and responsibility for compliance with the Board-approved Responsible Investment Policy for funds within the Committee’s authority.
- The Chair of the Finance & Investment Committee is Michael Ashmore.
- The Secretary to the Committee is Sarah Willey-Thomas.
Finance & Investment Committee - Membership
Last Updated: 1 May 2023
Michael Ashmore [Chair]
|Members (non-Board)||Brian Lipskie|
Finance & Investment Committee - Meeting Dates
2023-2024 Meeting Dates
|18 May 2023||11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.||Zoom|
|12 October 2023||11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.||Zoom|
|18 January 2024||11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.||Zoom|
|21 March 2024||11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.||Zoom|
Informing and governing documents
- ESG Principles and Guidelines
- Institution-wide ESG Guidelines
- RIAG Report May 2021 (pdf)
- Responsible Investment Policy, 4 April 2023
- Debt Management Guideline
- General Information on University Funds
- General Investment Principles
- Endowment FIP
- Endowment SIPP
- IQC SIPP
- IQC FIP
- Expendable Funds Investment Guidelines