Trained in history and business, and supplemented with business practice. A teacher for two decades now, broken by almost a decade as a manager of a company. Enjoyed meeting people and making them contented customers, but found teaching young adults even more of a challenge and stimulating. Try to be passionate about every course, regardless of the content.
My wife and two daughters keep me rooted.
Have a love of 'real football' ("soccer" to the uninitiated), passionate about 'great' music (eclectic), and keeping up with current developments (of all types). Great hope: piece together all the diverse threads that exist in our world into a whole 'fabric'.
- GBDA 204: Applied Leadership and Management - Winter 2015 and Winter 2014
- Doctorate, Magdalen College, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 1988 (Modern European History)
- M.B.A., Wilfrid Laurier University, 1999.
Research and teaching interests
Contemporary global developmental antecedents through recent history and where the current trends might be pushing politics, economies, and societies.
- 'Real football' coach and a member of church choir - poor souls!
- Co-editor of an anthology on German-speaking immigrants to Waterloo county/region since 1945. To be published in 2016.