The Stratford School Ambassador program enables current students, alumni, staff and faculty to volunteer at campus initiatives including campus tours, outreach events, recruitment events, high school activity programs and more.
Trained Ambassadors are the official 'face' of the Stratford School and ensure that every guest who visits has a positive and memorable experience. You might guide a campus tour, deliver a workshop to high school students, participate in an event as a greeter, take part in community fundraisers, and much more.
It's a great opportunity to develop your public speaking and leadership skills, build your resume, and be an integral part of our community.
Applications will be accepted at the start of Winter term. Check the weekly newsletter and Learn Updates for dates.
The Role of an Ambassador
Stratford School Ambassadors provide support at outreach and recruitment events and activities. Your responsibilities:
- Participate in the volunteer ambassador training program;
- Volunteer time and energy to a minimum of 3 activities a term;
- Represent the school and university in a professional manner at all times.
There will be a variety of event opportunities, and often a variety of roles available at each event depending on your interests, background and skills. Roles might include:
- Providing general campus tours to visitors
- Participating in recruitment events
- Participating in community events
- Delivering or providing logistics support for a workshop
- Logistics for conferences
Events that Ambassadors may be required to assist with include:
- Fall Open House
- March Break Open House
- Discovering Digital Media Days
- You @ Waterloo Day
As a student ambassador you will:
- Develop your leadership and communication skills, through public speaking, listening, and problem solving
- Hone your interpersonal skills by interacting one-on-one with prospective students, families, and other guests.
- Meet individuals from a range of disciplines and industries – a great way to network!
- Add a great volunteer experience to your resume
- Have the opportunity to conduct a take-over of the Stratford School Instagram account
- Support the growth of the Stratford School and the Stratford community while leaving your mark on your program
Each event will give Ambassadors an opportunity to exercise and develop different skills.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be in good academic standing
- Possess a helpful attitude and the willingness to take initiative.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be passionate about the advancement of the Stratford School and its varied initiatives.
- Submit your application by January 31, 2019. If chosen, you will be notified directly for an interview on Tuesday, February 12 or Friday, February 15.
- Attend a mandatory training session, scheduled for Tuesday, February 26 or Friday, March 1st from 12-1 p.m.
- Review the Ambassador Program updates that are sent to you with information about upcoming events.
- Sign up for a minimum of 3 initiatives per academic year
There will be a variety of event opportunities, and often a variety of roles available at each event depending on your interest, background and skills. You may request specific roles, however note that final assignments are at the discretion of the event organizer.
- Have fun, and know you are making a difference in your campus community!