Are you interested in volunteering at the Center for Community, Clinical and Applied Research Excellence (CCCARE) with our research teams and/or programs? CCCARE offers numerous opportunities to get involved with your university and your community.
Due to the limited number of volunteer spots available in our CCCARE programs, we will be prioritizing matching placements from current Faculty of Health students (i.e. students Majoring in Kinesiology, Health Studies, Public Health, or Recreation & Leisure Studies) however we will continue to accept applications from student from other Faculties.
If you are interested in volunteering with CCCARE, fill out our volunteer form prior to the start of each new term.
Fill out the volunteer form below to apply for opportunities:
Some of the in-person volunteer opportunities that are typically available each term, are as follows:
- UW WELL-FIT cancer exercise programs
- This program offers students the opportunity to work one-on-one with cancer patients. Volunteers help these individuals with their exercise programs, aiding them with proper form and perhaps most importantly, keeping up their motivation.
- We look for volunteers who show initiative, are attentive and observant, upbeat, friendly, positive and social as we want to create a safe and comfortable atmosphere for participants in this program. We require a firm commitment of 1 hour per week for a semester at a time (we expect you to be there every week unless you are sick).
- Brain and Body
- This program offers students the opportunity to work one-on-one with clients living with any form of dementia (including those with mild cognitive impairment) and their care partners. Volunteers help these individuals with their exercise programs, aiding them with proper form and keeping up their motivation.
- A limited number of experienced volunteers will be considered for this specialized program, working one-on-one with individuals post-stroke.
- Maintain professionalism when interacting with CCCARE members and staff
- Participate in mandatory orientation training sessions
- Positively represent CCCARE and our core values on campus and in the Waterloo community, representing the high-quality leaders that CCCARE attracts
- Understand the responsibility of the role you are undertaking
- Apply your knowledge to exercise demonstration and supervision in CCCARE exercise classes
- Reflect on your volunteer experience, considering what you’ve learned through your participation in program delivery
- Commit to volunteering one term at a time. It is expected that students will select a shift and spend 1 hour/week volunteering in CCCARE exercise classes
- Students are responsible for communicating their absence and seeking a shift replacement
Please complete the volunteer form to apply. We will contact you with specific instructions for your program(s) of interest after the submission deadline in the schedule below. As volunteer placements are limited, priorities will be given to students who complete the volunteer form in advance of the deadline.
|Form Due By
|October 1, 2023
|December 5, 2023
|February 2, 2024
|April 8, 2024
|June 1, 2024
|July 30, 2024
We will continue to accept volunteer form submissions throughout the term until the form closes however, our volunteer positions fill fast and you may be added to a wait list. Please note, orientation training may be required. Dates and instructions for orientation will be communicated in advance to those who receive placements.
If you are unsure if you selected the upcoming term or program of interest on previous submissions of your volunteer form or if your contact information has changed and needs to be updated, you may resubmit a volunteer form more than once.