Jason Grove, PhD is the Graduate Attributes Lecturer and Interim Associate Chair, Undergraduate Studies in the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Waterloo. He is responsible for leading the continuous program assessment improvement process for the chemical and nanotechnology engineering programs. He is also heavily involved in the development of the Faculty’s IDEAs Clinic initiative.
Professor Grove is also a Senior Associate with Delphi Group, where he previously worked full-time, and has expertise in strategic sustainability consulting, in particular related to greenhouse gas emissions and climate change.
Prof. Grove obtained his PhD from the University of Waterloo investigating the microbial community ecology in biofilters used for air pollution control. He obtained his undergraduate degree in Engineering Science from the University of Oxford.
- Graduate Attributes
- Outcomes Assessment
- Engineering Education
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Accounting
- Lifecycle Analysis
- 2005, Doctorate, Chemical Engineering, University of Waterloo
- 2001, Master of Engineering, Engineering Science, University of Oxford
- Alani, Faiez and Grove, Jason A and Anderson, William A and Moo-Young, Murray, Mycophenolic acid production in solid-state fermentation using a packed-bed bioreactor, Biochemical Engineering Journal, 44(2-3), 2009, 106 - 110
- Grove, Jason A and Zhang, Haixia and Anderson, William A and Moo-Young, Murray, Estimation of carbon recovery and biomass yield in the biofiltration of octane, Environmental Engineering Science, 26(10), 2009, 1497 - 1502
- Grove, Jason A and Anderson, William A and Moo-Young, Murray, Changes in the potential functional diversity of the bacterial community in biofilters, Applied microbiology and biotechnology, 77(3), 2007, 741 - 747
- Weber, Kela P and Grove, Jason A and Gehder, Matthias and Anderson, William A and Legge, Raymond L, Data transformations in the analysis of community-level substrate utilization data from microplates, Journal of Microbiological Methods, 69(3), 2007, 461 - 469
- Grove, Jason and Ioannidis, Marios and Wright, Derek, DESCRIBING AND MEASURING THE ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE BASED USING CONCEPT DOMAINS, Proceedings of the Canadian Engineering Education Association (CEEA), 06 2017
- Wright, Derek and Markoff, Emma and Grove, Jason and Al-Hammoud, Rania and Milne, Andrew and Pirnia, Mehrdad, Surveys for Simultaneous Direct and Indirect Assessment, Proceedings of the Canadian Engineering Education Association (CEEA), 06 2017