The following describes how to setup computer projection and video conferencing in E6 2022.
End of Presentation Procedures
Video Conference Procedures
If you have issues or require assistance please contact Ingrid or Rose x32404 in E6 3024 and they will send someone to assist.
- Choose a Source for Video Projection
- Dedicated Room Computer on Keyboard Drawer
- Using Local Presenter Account
- The PC automatically starts up and logs on the local account
- Using your Nexus account
- Logoff/Sign out of the existing account.
- Logon/Sign on to your Nexus account with credentials Nexus\userid
- Using your own guest Computing Device
- Plug the Guest HDMI cable from the HDMI switch located on the keyboard drawer into your guest computing device.
- Press the toggle button on the HDMI switch until the Guest ( 2) LED lights ( HDMI to VGA adapter box in room cabinet, other adapters available from R Singh x33139 firstname.lastname@example.org)
- When you leave please do not take this cable with you.
- When you leave please ensure that the HDMI switch toggle is reset to 1 = Room PC .
- Connect the source to the projector
- Press the power button of the Sony projector remote control unit while standing at the front of the room and pointing the remote control unit at the projector.
- Ensure Input B is selected on the Sony Projector remote.
- You should see the PC video displayed on the Projector screen
- Duplicate or Extend the source
- Press the Windows Logo and P keys simultaneously then select Extend or Duplicate the primary PC video depending on your presentation needs.
Duplicate mirrors the source PC monitor image on the projector and extend extends the PC desktop so that you can drag a window to the projector screen. In extend mode the audience cannot see the contents of your local PC monitor.
When you are done with your use of the room please ensure that you do the following :
- Delete any files placed on the Presenter account
- Restart the computer on the keyboard drawer to restore the defaults for the next user of the room. Right Click the Windows Start button then select Shutdown/Restart.
- Turn off the projector using the Sony projector remote control unit.
- Remove any USB devices.
- If you used your own computer ensure that you do not take the guest HDMI cable with you and that you have reset the HDMI switch to 1 = Room PC.
- If you used the Huddle Air conference table speaker/microphone and transceiver please return them to the main office E6 3024.
Basic Setup – Single Local Presenter to Remote Site(s)
(Use Skype on source PC , project presentation to local and remote audiences)
- Setup source PC and connect to the projector in duplication mode as per the E6 2022 Conference Room Projection Procedures sheet.
- Open Skype or Webex and establish a video connection to the remote audience.
- Ensure both audio and video are sent and received by the remote audience.
- Share your desktop with the remote audience
Basic Setup with local Audience audio and video connected to Remote Site(s)
- Setup “Basic setup” as per above.
- Turn on the table Huddle camera and select that camera in Skype
- Visit E6 3024 to obtain the Huddle Air conference table speaker/microphone and transceiver from Rose or Ingrid.
- Plug the transceiver into an available USB port on the source PC.
- Locate the Huddle Air speaker on the table in the vicinity of the audience and plug the Huddle Air speaker into a power outlet on the table.
- In Skype/Webex select the Huddle Air speaker and microphone as the default speaker and microphone.
- The Huddle Air will send/receive sound from the presenter and conference table audience to/from the remote site.
- Setup “Basic Setup with local Audience audio and video connected to Remote Site(s)” as per above except there is no need to share your desktop in the Skype/WebEx session.
- The remote presenter should be displayed on the Projector screen and the local audience video and audio are sent/received to the remote site.