How To Apply
The following steps will assist you through the application process to graduate studies in Chemical Engineering at the University of Waterloo.
(1) Choose from research and course-work programs:
- Master of Applied Science (research, supervisor required)
- Doctor of Philosophy (research, supervisor required)
- Master of Engineering (course-work, no supervisor required, self-funded)
(3) Apply online
(5) Monitor your status
Note: For research-based programs, you can apply without a supervisor. A supervisor is required to be accepted into our research based program.
Canadian citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply for part-time and full-time studies. Part-time arrangements are negotiated between a student and their prospective supervisor.
Explore potential supervisors by research area:
(1) Only one application is required for either our MASc or MEng program. Alternative consideration is automatically made, but may be restricted due to enrolment numbers.
(2) For MASc & PhD programs, you may apply without a supervisor. A supervisor is only necessary to be accepted. To contact a faculty member to serve as your potential supervisor, use our official contact form.