The University of Waterloo’s Online Teaching Awards recognize teaching and course design excellence in fully online undergraduate- or graduate-level courses and programs. There are two awards:
- Excellence in Online Course Design
- Excellence in Online Teaching
Nominations for this year’s awards, which include Fall 2018, Winter 2019 and Spring 2019 academic terms, must be received by August 31, 2019.
Each recipient will receive a Certificate of Recognition and a prize of $1,000, which is sponsored by the Office of the Associate Vice-President, Academic.
Award for Excellence in Online Course Design
This award recognizes exemplary undergraduate or graduate-level courses that meet or exceed the Quality Guidelines for University of Waterloo Online Courses. The authors of these courses have worked collaboratively with the Centre for Extended Learning (CEL) in the design and development. Course authors are identified in the Course Syllabus.
Who can nominate a course for this award?
- teaching assistants
- faculty and instructors
- chairs, directors and deans
Award for Excellence in Online Teaching
This award recognizes course instructors who exemplify a high standard of teaching in one or more of Waterloo's fully-online undergraduate- or graduate-level course(s). Course instructors may be teaching an online course that they authored or one that was authored by another faculty member. They may be teaching the course in any term. Course instructors are identified in the Course Syllabus.
Who can nominate a course instructor for this award?
- teaching assistants
The evaluation process
- Nomination forms are collected and reviewed by CEL
- Nominees are shortlisted, and Directors, Deans, and Chairs are informed
- Nominees are advised of their nomination and work with CEL to assemble a nomination package
- Nomination packages are reviewed by the evaluation committee using the Online Awards Evaluation Rubric
- The evaluation committee recommends award winners
- Award winners are announced
If you have any questions about the awards please email Dina Meunier.
Follow us on Twitter @uWaterlooOnline for curated information about online learning.