Notes about withdrawing from the term
- Talk to your academic advisor about career/plans before withdrawing.
- Complete this form only if you:
- are dropping all courses (including online courses) and
- have first attempted to drop your courses through Quest (excluding students in co-op and Optometry).
- If you voluntarily withdraw, any outstanding fees will be required to be paid prior to resuming any future studies.
- If you are an international student on a study permit, speak with an immigration consultant at Waterloo to understand the impact of your decision on your immigration status and the requirements to request an authorized leave letter for immigration purposes.
- If you voluntarily withdraw prior to or during the first three calendar weeks from the start of classes, the term will not be recorded on your academic record and transcript.
- If you voluntarily withdraw from the term after the first three weeks of classes, your transcript will indicate "Withdrawal: Effective Date". WD or WF grades will display for classes in accordance with the penalty periods outlined in the Undergraduate Calendar.
- To withdraw from the term once the final examination period has begun, do not complete this form; instead, complete a Petition for Exception to Academic Regulations Form.
Contact The Centre if you have questions about completing this form.