How is GSEF Structured?
Waterloo Graduate Students (5000+ members)
- Vote in referenda, apply for project funding and awards
Project Review Committee (PRC, 12 voting members)
Review project applications and recommend funding
Board of Directors (12 voting members)
- Approves financial decisions
- Reimburses projects and provides financial updates to the Board
- Oversees operations and chairs Board and PRC meetings
On November 27, 2014, the GSEF Board has approved the following guiding principles for GSEF:
- GSEF exists to support enhancements to graduate studies at the university, and is not meant to act as a primary source of funding. In general, GSEF does not support infrastructure projects or graduate student research costs.
- GSEF will not direct contributions from all graduate students into programs or funding opportunities that are not open to the majority the grad student population. Exceptions can be made for cases where there is an opportunity to leverage substantial matching funds from other sources.
- GSEF should be recognized in appropriate ways for its contributions, and strives to be actively engaged with the graduate student population at all campuses of the University of Waterloo.