Fatma Gzara is Professor at the Department of Management Sciences and co-founder and co-director of WANOPT, the Waterloo Analytics and Optimization Lab.
Her primary research interests are in supply chain analytics and large scale optimization. Her current research focusses on improving supply chain operations using data driven approaches, the analysis of emerging technologies in logistics and distribution like crowdsourced and drone delivery, and the optimization of systems operating in uncertain environments. Recently, she led several industry collaborations on data analytics and optimization funded by NSERC, OCE, and MITACS and industry collaborators Bombardier Inc., Unilever, Navblue Inc., and Dematic Ltd. Her work appeared in Transportation Science, Informs Journal on Optimization, Journal of Global Optimization, Omega, Networks, Computers and OR, EJOR, and IISE Transactions, among others.
- Operations research
- large scale optimization
- optimization under uncertainty
- network design and analysis
- supply chain management
- hazmat transportation
- airline operations planning
- Data Analytics Research
- 2003, Doctorate, Management Science, McGill University
- MSCI 200A - Seminar
- Taught in 2020, 2021, 2022
- MSCI 200B - Seminar
- Taught in 2021, 2022, 2023
- MSCI 332 - Deterministic Optimization Models and Methods
- Taught in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- MSCI 433 - Applications of Management Engineering
- Taught in 2018, 2020
- MSCI 734 - Network Models and Applications
- Taught in 2018, 2020, 2023
* Only courses taught in the past 5 years are displayed.
- Gzara, Fatma and Elhedhli, Samir and Yildiz, Burak C, The Pallet Loading Problem: Three-dimensional Bin Packing with Practical Constraints, European Journal of Operational Research, 2020
- Hosseininasab, Amin and Gzara, Fatma, Effects of feasibility cuts in Lagrangian relaxation for a two-stage stochastic facility location and network flow problem, Optimization Letters, 14(1), 2020, 171 - 193
- Baloch, Gohram and Gzara, Fatma, Capacity and assortment planning under one-way supplier-driven substitution for pharmacy kiosks with low drug demand, European Journal of Operational Research, 282(1), 2020, 108 - 128
- Baloch, Gohram and Gzara, Fatma, Strategic Network Design for Parcel Delivery with Drones Under Competition, Transportation Science, 54(1), 2020, 204 - 228
- Alnaggar, Aliaa and Gzara, Fatma and Bookbinder, James H, Distribution planning with random demand and recourse in a transshipment network, EURO Journal on Transportation and Logistics, 2020
- Currently considering applications from graduate students. A completed online application is required for admission; start the application process now.