Samir Elhedhli is a Professor at the Department of Management Sciences at the University of Waterloo.
He has research interests in Large-scale Optimization, Logistics and Supply Chain Design, Healthcare Operations, Airline Scheduling, and Data Analytics. His work has appeared in scientific journals such as Management Science, Mathematical Programming, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, INFORMS journal on computing, Operations Research Letters, European Journal of Operational Research, Computers and Operations Research, Journal of Global Optimization among others. He held grants from NSERC, CFI, OCE and MITACS and collaborated with industries in aircraft manufacturing, airline scheduling, and warehouse management.
He is served as president of the Canadian Operational Research Society in 2011-2012. He is currently the co-Editor-in-Chief of their flagship journal INFOR.
He is the recipient of the CORS Service Award in 2013 and the University of Waterloo’s distinguished and outstanding performance awards in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2015.
- Operations Research
- Facility location and network design
- Healthcare Operations
- Supply Chain Management
- Production Planning
- Data Analytics Research
- Airline Scheduling
- 2001, Doctorate, Management Science, McGill University
- 1996, Master's, Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University
- 1994, Bachelor's, Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University
- MSCI 700 - Topics in Operations Research and Management
- Taught in 2015
- MSCI 435 - Advanced Optimization Techniques
- Taught in 2016
- Saif, Ahmed and Elhedhli, Samir, A Lagrangian heuristic for concave cost facility location problems: the plant location and technology acquisition problem, Optimization Letters, 2016, 1 - 14
- Saif, Ahmed and Elhedhli, Samir, Cold supply chain design with environmental considerations: A simulation-optimization approach, European Journal of Operational Research, 251(1), 2016, 274 - 287
- Elhedhli, Samir and Li, Zichao and Bookbinder, James H, Airfreight forwarding under system-wide and double discounts, EURO Journal on Transportation and Logistics, 2015, 1 - 19
- Elhedhli, Samir and Naoum-Sawaya, Joe, Improved branching disjunctions for branch-and-bound: An analytic center approach, European Journal of Operational Research, 247(1), 2015, 37 - 45
- Elhedhli, Samir and Gzara, Fatma, Characterizing the optimality gap and the optimal packings for the bin packing problem, Optimization Letters, 9(2), 2015, 209 - 223