Samir Elhedhli is a Professor at the Department of Management Sciences at the University of Waterloo.
He has research interests in Large-scale Optimization, Logistics and Supply Chain Design, Healthcare Operations, Airline Scheduling, and Data Analytics. His work has appeared in scientific journals such as Management Science, Mathematical Programming, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, INFORMS journal on computing, Operations Research Letters, European Journal of Operational Research, Computers and Operations Research, Journal of Global Optimization among others. He held grants from NSERC, CFI, OCE and MITACS and collaborated with industries in aircraft manufacturing, airline scheduling, and warehouse management.
He is served as president of the Canadian Operational Research Society in 2011-2012. He is currently the co-Editor-in-Chief of their flagship journal INFOR.
He is the recipient of the CORS Service Award in 2013 and the University of Waterloo’s distinguished and outstanding performance awards in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2015.
- Operations Research
- Facility location and network design
- Healthcare Operations
- Supply Chain Management
- Production Planning
- Data Analytics Research
- Airline Scheduling
- 2001, Doctorate, Management Science, McGill University
- 1996, Master's, Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University
- 1994, Bachelor's, Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University
- MSCI 331 - Introduction to Optimization
- Taught in 2020
- MSCI 435 - Advanced Optimization Techniques
- Taught in 2021
- MSCI 703 - Applied Optimization
- Taught in 2021
- Gzara, Fatma and Elhedhli, Samir and Yildiz, Ugur and Baloch, Gohram, Data-Driven Modeling and Optimization of the Order Consolidation Problem in E-Warehousing, Informs Journal on Optimization, 2(4), 2020, 273 - 296
- Gzara, Fatma and Elhedhli, Samir and Yildiz, Burak C, The Pallet Loading Problem: Three-dimensional bin packing with practical constraints, European Journal of Operational Research, 287(3), 2020, 1062 - 1074
- Khaniyev, Taghi and Elhedhli, Samir and Erenay, Fatih Safa, Spatial separability in hub location problems with an application to brain connectivity networks, Informs Journal on Optimization, 2(4), 2020, 320 - 346
- Elhedhli, Samir and Gzara, Fatma and Waltho, Cynthia, Green supply chain design with emission sensitive demand: second order cone programming formulation and case study, Optimization Letters, 2020, 1 - 17
- Saif, Ahmed and Elhedhli, Samir, Sterilization network design, EURO Journal on Transportation and Logistics, 8(1), 2019, 91 - 115
- Currently considering applications from graduate students. A completed online application is required for admission; start the application process now.