Fatma Gzara is an Associate Professor with the Department of Management Sciences at the University of Waterloo.
Her research interests lie in the areas of optimization, network models, supply chain management, transportation risk and logistics. Currently, she uses bi-level mathematical modelling to determine the routes that trucks carrying hazardous materials will be most likely to take. Professor Gzara gathers real data and uses it to keep residential and industrial areas safe. In the last few years, she has written articles for journals such as Operations Research Letters, Telecommunication Systems, and the European Journal of Operational Research.
- Operations research
- large scale optimization
- optimization under uncertainty
- network design and analysis
- supply chain management
- hazmat transportation
- airline operations planning
- Data Analytics Research
- 2003, Doctorate, Management Science, McGill University
- Gzara, Fatma and Elhedhli, Samir and Yildiz, Burak C, The Pallet Loading Problem: Three-dimensional Bin Packing with Practical Constraints, European Journal of Operational Research, 2020
- Hosseininasab, Amin and Gzara, Fatma, Effects of feasibility cuts in Lagrangian relaxation for a two-stage stochastic facility location and network flow problem, Optimization Letters, 14(1), 2020, 171 - 193
- Baloch, Gohram and Gzara, Fatma, Capacity and assortment planning under one-way supplier-driven substitution for pharmacy kiosks with low drug demand, European Journal of Operational Research, 282(1), 2020, 108 - 128
- Baloch, Gohram and Gzara, Fatma, Strategic Network Design for Parcel Delivery with Drones Under Competition, Transportation Science, 54(1), 2020, 204 - 228
- Alnaggar, Aliaa and Gzara, Fatma and Bookbinder, James H, Distribution planning with random demand and recourse in a transshipment network, EURO Journal on Transportation and Logistics, 2020