Interim Department Chair; Professor, PEng.
- BASc (Alexandria, Egypt)
- MASc (Alexandria, Egypt)
- PhD (McMaster)
- Modelling, monitoring and control of machining chatter
- Developing new strategies for efficient and faster machining of sculptured surfaces
- Developing techniques for machine health monitoring
- Applications of experimental modal analysis to the modelling of dynamics of structures
- ME 548 - Numerically Controlled Machine Tools
- ME 568 - Noise Analysis and Control
- ME 743 - Modal Analysis and Modelling
- ME 745 - Quality Assurance and Reliability in Manufacturing
- Roth, D., Ismail, F., Bedi, S., accepted Aug 2004, “Non-Iterative Feed Scheduling in 5 Axis Machining”, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture.
- Hamade, R., Ismail, F., accepted July 2004, “A Case for Aggressive Drilling of Aluminum”, Journal of Material Processing, in press.
- Gray, P., Bedi, S., Ismail, F., accepted August 2004, “Arc-Intersect Method for 5 Axis Tool Positioning”, Journal of Computer Aided Design, in press.
- Roth, D., Ismail, F., Bedi, S., accepted June 2004, “Mechanistic Modelling of 5-axis milling using an adaptive and local Depth buffer”, Journal of Computer Aided design.
- Madjlisi, M., Khajepour, A., Ismail, F., Wybenga, M., Rice, B., Mihalic, J., accepted June 2004, “Optimization of Engine Mounting Systems using Experimental FRF Vehicle Model”, International Journal of Vehicle Noise and Vibration, in press.
University of Waterloo